Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Eleventh Hour

The Season 5 five premiere of Doctor Who aired in the UK last night. It doesn't air in the states til the 17th. Like a good little girl, I was going to wait to watch it then. But on Saturday night, like a gift sent to me from the heavens, I got this message:

"I'm in Canada. It aired in the UK last night & I have 720p copies of the episode & Dr Who cnfidential. I'll email you the links in a minute"

........AWESOME!!! This is the nicest Canadian man, ever. (Way more than this guy.) And I have no problems downloading it because I have every intention of watching it when it airs & buying the DVDs, as well.

So, I download it... and I watch it.

Oh, it was so, so perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Stephen Moffat is a great writer! I can't wait to see the Angels again. Matt Smith is a delightful Doctor so far and doing a perfect job of holding on to David Tennant characteristics whilst transitioning into his own. I have to say, though, that I knew he would be good. He's just the right type of guy to play a role like that. He also has the David Tennant stamp of approval, which is important. I also loved the fairytale like set up of the new companion. It's sweet. Especially since I'm still very much hoping that she's actually Professor River Song.

I disliked only one thing about it all... the Tardis exterior. It looks shabbily made. The wood looks like plastic, made to look like wood. It just kind of looks like Ikea Tardis. The interior is bad ass, though. I really hope we get to see the swimming pool and the library inside the Tardis at some point.

Just to note: They changed the intro song and logo. I don't really mind it, makes sense with all the other changes they've made. I just...I liked the old one better. And now my cell phone ringtone is outdated. :(

Lastly, AMELIA POND IS EXTREMELY HOT!!! Sorry Rose Tyler, you just lost your title as Most Attractive Companion, but the Doctor's got to move on.

Now here's the best part...and I haven't mentioned it yet because I didn't want to jinx it...that Tardis money bank I got for my birthday from one of my totally awesome fans, goes off on it's own. I don't know if it's supposed to or not. I don't think it is. I think it's fucking awesome. Anyway, it kept going off while I was watching the show but at the most unbelievably appropriate times. I think David Tennant is trying to get through....

1 comment:

  1. soopermann@hotmail.comMay 18, 2010 at 12:03 AM

    http://www.oneddl.com/ Just type in Doctor Who and they all the new episodes up to date!

    ReplyDelete